Sewing Machine Operator
at Salus Marine/ Barbarian Sportswear in Kitchener and Waterloo
Salus Marine Wear and Barbarian Sports Wear are Canadian manufacturers in the sporting goods industry. We are currently seeking full time Sewing Machine Operators to join our growing teams in either our Waterloo or Kitchener location!
Hours: full time Days, Monday-Friday.
Wage determined based on experience.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Pre-inspect each piece textile for defects prior to sewing.
- Ability to sew a wide range of textiles at required productivity rates.
- Effectively operate various sewing machines (brands and styles) and be able to conduct routine (basic) sewing machine maintenance such as:
- Thread, Needle, Blade, & Bobbin changes.
- Cleaning of thread or textile remnants from casings
- Oiling of machine
- Solve problems with sewing machines or get appropriate help to resolve problems.
- Ensure that each part passed to the next station meets the customers' quality expectations.
- Perform related duties as assigned by supervisor
- Ability to work independently and to carry out assignments to completion within parameters of instructions given, prescribed routines, and standard accepted practices
- Skilled in operating a sewing machine
- Able to follow instructions
- Skilled in basic maintenance of the sewing machine including:Thread, Needle, Blade, & Bobbin changes. Cleaning of thread or textile remnants from casings Oiling of sewing machine
Kitchener Location: Barbarian Sports Wear, 575 Trillium Drive, Kitchener, ON
Waterloo Location: Salus Marine Wear, 660 Superior Drive, Waterloo, ON
Recent jobs at Salus Marine/ Barbarian Sportswear