at Stance Healthcare Inc in Kitchener
Stance Healthcare has immediate openings for a Sewer for our Kitchener facility for the day shift.
The Sewer is an integral member of the Stance Healthcare production team. As a member of the sewing department, the sewer must be adaptable to changing priorities in a fast-paced manufacturing environment, and be able to communicate in a professional manner with all other teams, including but not limited to; Assembly, Upholstery, Pre-production, Warehouse, and Shipping/Receiving.
Shifts/Hours: Days, 35 Hours per week.
Rate of Pay: $18.50 – $19.50 per hour
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Inspect fabric for quality
- Operate a single-needle industrial sewing machine to create upholstery covers for furniture products
- Working with different materials such as vinyl and other healthcare grade performance fabrics, matching stripes and patterns as needed
- Learning patterns for new products as they are introduced
- Provide suggestions or ideas for improvement
- Participate in problem solving initiatives
- Work continuously to eliminate waste, increase capacity, and improve productivity
- Comply with all health and safety policies and procedures as outlined in the Health & Safety Manual
- Work safely to reduce the risk of injury to self, co-workers and customers
- Report all actual or potentially hazardous situations to Production Manager or Team Lead
- Cross training in other departments
- Other duties as assigned
As our ideal candidate, you’ll have:
- Demonstrated mechanical capabilities/aptitude
- Experience with single-needle industrial sewing machines
- Strong attention to detail
- Excellent hand eye coordination & manual dexterity
- Enthusiastic team player
- Positive attitude & desire to learn
- Ability to work independently, within production guidelines
- Experience with double-needle industrial sewing machine considered an asset
- Fast-paced, warehouse/manufacturing floor
- Must be able to stand for the balance of the shift
- Overtime available at times
- Exposure to dirt and noise in a manufacturing environment
Benefits we offer:
At Stance Healthcare we recognize that our growth and success is really in our people and teams. In addition to a great team and a safe and cooperative work environment, we also provide:
- Competitive hourly wages
- Benefits Plan & RRSP with employer matching
- Profit Sharing Bonus Structure
- Great working hours- Monday – Thursday: 6:30am – 3:45pm & Fridays: 6:30am – 11:30am
- Overtime paid after 40 hours per week
- Opportunities for advancement
- Positive work environment
About Stance Healthcare:
Stance Healthcare is a family-owned and operated business, founded in 2006. We manufacture furniture for healing environments, with a particular focus on hospitals and behavioral health facilities. Our mission is to improve lives by design. We believe that patient care and patient outcomes are influenced by the environment in which care is delivered. That’s where our innovative designs come in: Every product we design serves to create warm, supportive, inspiring and dignifying spaces that motivate caregivers and reassure patients that they will get the best possible care.
Please note that we appreciate your interest in Stance Healthcare. We will review all applications, however, only those candidates selected for further consideration will be contacted directly.
We are committed to diversity and inclusion. Accommodations are available during all stages of the recruitment process.
How to Apply:
Click on "Apply Now" button below or;
Email your interest and resume to: email@example.com, attention Job Developer Jen F.
Please add "Sewer - Stance" to the subject line as we have multiple employers and positions listed.
Recent jobs at Stance Healthcare Inc