at Onward Manufacturing Company Ltd. in Waterloo
At Onward Manufacturing Company Limited, we are a proudly North American, Family-owned manufacturer of premium quality, high performance gas barbecue and related accessories. Our Broil King gas grills are designed, engineered, manufactured, and assembled from raw materials and components to finished barbecue, in the US and Canada. Broil King® is sold in over 40 countries and backed by a worldwide network of sales and distribution partners.
When it comes to quality, there can be no compromise. Improvement to quality is a never-ending journey. Onward was the first grill company to embrace ISO quality standards and remains committed to insuring and continuously improving the quality of every process, component, product and service to deliver an exceptional experience our customers have grown to trust.
We are currently looking for Press Operators to join our team in Waterloo, ON.
Reporting to and under the direct supervision of the Line Leader, the Press Operator assignment will be to one of the press departments on day or afternoon shift.
- Wear all assigned Personal Protective Equipment when required
- Work safely at all times and adhere to all Plant rules and regulations as they pertain to safety
- Understand the safe and proper operation of a Press
- Understand and demonstrate the importance of completing all pre-use inspection and Fabrication in Process Inspection Reports accurately
- Understand all Standard Operating Procedures as they pertain to the Fabrication Department
- Understand and demonstrate the importance of identifying, maintaining, and producing top quality product at all times
- Ensure you are complying with Onward’s ISO 9001:2008 Quality Management System requirements
- Day shift: 7:00AM – 3:30PM (half hour unpaid lunch)
- Afternoon Shift: 3:30PM – 11:30PM (20 min paid lunch)
- $19.00 per hour
- RSP/DPSP programs
- EHC, Life, AD&D, LTD and Dental benefits
- Inspect all products for quality conformance
- Possess the self-discipline and motivation to work independently with minimum supervision to ensure product is built/assembled in the required timeframe
- Repetitive motion and heavy lifting
- Able to interpret engineered drawings and use measuring tools to ensure accuracy
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment
- Must be able to lift 25lbs repetitively
- Other duties as assigned
- Plant environment with noise and temperature variations
- Regular hours Monday to Friday, overtime on weekends available
- Repetitive process and motions
- Some heavy lifting requires
- Works accurately with a high attention to detail and focus on producing quality product
- 2+ Years experience working Press Machine
- Displays positive attitude and problem-solving skills to address and resolve production issues in a timely manner
How to Apply:
Click the Apply Now button or,
Submit your resume by email: EmploymentOntario@regionofwaterloo.ca Please add “Press Operator - Onward” to the subject line as we have multiple employers and job postings.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Should you require accommodation during the recruitment process, please contact Human Resources.
Thank you for your patience during this difficult and challenging time. We thank all interested applicants; however, only those selected will be contacted for pre-screening.
Recent jobs at Onward Manufacturing Company Ltd.