at Techo-Bloc in Ayr
Seeking an Electrician for our new facility in Ayr Ontario.
Do you want a position that is poised for career progression? Have you ever wanted to work for a two-time winning Canada's top 50 best managed company? Do you want to experience a new plant build and put your mark from day 1?
We are looking for an electrician to launch the new plant...sound exciting?? It is!
We listen and respect our employees and encourage them to make an impact. We love talent and people who are ready to roll up their sleeves to get the job done. If you're looking to put your knowledge, experience and passion into play, this is the place for you. We celebrate change, welcome your bold initiatives, and support you in bringing them to life.
Join the Techo-Bloc Team; where adventure and team spirit await you.
Techo-Bloc is committed to building a diverse workforce reflective of the diversity of Canada. If you are looking for a challenging and exciting new role in the manufacturing industry, we want to meet you, send your application now!
Monday to Friday – 7:00am to 5:00pm
Saturdays – 7:00am to 12:00pm
Overtime after 44 hours
$35.00-$40.00 per hour
- Competitive Salary
- End of year bonus
- Referral bonuses
- Career path opportunities
- Group insurance after 3 months
- On-site training and additional courses
- Awesome uniforms and swag
- Employee discounts
- Employee Assistance Program
- Free parking
- Work with advanced manufacturing equipment such as conveyors, overhead and transfer systems, robotic systems, presses etc.
- Operate within a multi-skilled environment to maintain the plant’s machinery and equipment, while improving processes to minimize disruption to the production line
- Perform preventative maintenance on electrical and mechanical equipment in accordance with standardized procedures
- Troubleshoot and repair electrical equipment, including PLC and motor controls, safety sensors and relays
- Troubleshoot and repair mechanical equipment, including pneumatic and hydraulic systems, drives, bearings and gears
- Above all, you’ll be someone who values making things better and has the commitment to learn and deliver consistently. In return, you can look forward to work in an environment that’s built on teamwork and offers an excellent package of benefits.
Techo-Bloc produces exceptional paving stones and retaining walls. Our facilities are operated by teams of the highest caliber with the latest technology to deliver superior products. Using the 5S and Kanban philosophies, we are dedicated to a manufacturing collaboration that supports running a “whole-minded” production system, and an excellent way to promote improvement. We ensure our products are functional, durable, and astonishingly beautiful. With soon to be 9 manufacturing facilities (and counting), 30 international patents and over 700 employees, we operate in an exciting and dynamic environment. As we continue to expand, our team members are offered opportunities to professionally develop, learn new abilities and pursue projects that excite them.
The health and safety of our employees is important to us. To keep our staff safe, we've implemented safety guidelines in line with prevalent Ontario laws and regulations.
- An Ontario or Inter-Provincial (442A/309A/Red Seal) Electrician Certificate of Qualification is required
- Completion of Apprenticeship as an Electrician preferred
- Minimum 3-5 years of relevant work experience as a Licensed Electrician
- Demonstrated experience with PLC - Ladder Logic, VFD and Industrial automation to troubleshoot equipment issues
- Demonstrated experience using various tools (multimeter, oscilloscope, etc.) to repair equipment
- Demonstrated experience troubleshooting and repairing many different types of equipment
- Demonstrated experience performing preventative maintenance on electrical and mechanical equipment
- Strong problem-solving skills related to troubleshooting equipment issues, preferably in a fast-paced manufacturing/industrial environment
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively with cross functional team members
- Mechanical aptitude/ interest
- Proven ability to adapt to changing priorities and working conditions
How to Apply:
Please apply direct to https://jobs.smartrecruiters.com/techo-bloc/743999790732256-industrial-electrician-35-40-hour-new-state-of-the-art-plant-
When applying please reference the Region of Waterloo Job Board as your source for referral.
Recent jobs at Techo-Bloc