at Conestoga Meats in Breslau
COME JOIN THE CONESTOGA TEAM!
**Please note that we are not currently accepting applications for part time or student positions**
**This position is for full-time, permanent **
This is an entry level position, with opportunity to advance and grow within Our Company.
About the Company
Conestoga Meat Packers is a leading processor of premium quality, fresh pork. Based in Breslau, ON, we have been supplying the market with wholesome, delicious pork since 1982. Our company is owned and supplied by a co-operative of Southern Ontario farmers who got into the business because they wanted to supply the Canadian market with the same pork their own families were enjoying. To this day we still pride ourselves on farm fresh pork; By families. For families.
*NOT ON A BUS ROUTE*
Why Work at Conestoga Meats?
Hours: These positions are required for Monday to Friday (starting times vary from 6:00 am - 7:30 am) and afternoon shift (starting times vary from 2:30pm - 4:00 pm)
Wage: Starting wage of $18.90/hr (skilled positions can go up Wage:to $23.10 per hour)
- Afternoon Shift Premium ($1.25/hr)
- Weekly pay by direct deposit
- Stable full-time hours; no rotating shifts
- Competitive benefit package for you and your family
- Amazing discounts on quality pork products
- Employee referral bonus program
- Regular Social Committee events, BBQ's and wellness programs
- On-site training and company provided equipment
- Positive and friendly team environment with a supportive Management Team
On a Typical Day You Would:
- Select and load pork product into boxes or bags
- Sort and inspect product for quality
- Package, wrap and label product to meet customer specifications
- Load product into coolers
- Perform other production line duties as assigned
Our Working Environment:
- Physically demanding, fast-paced and repetitive
- Handling of heavy loads
- Standing for long periods
- Cut/Packaging department is refrigerated
- Noisy and some areas may have odours
- Slaughter house, meat processing and packing establishment
What You Bring to the Position:
- Production related experience is an asset
- Ability to work under pressure to meet production deadlines
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs
- Ability to perform physical and repetitive job duties
- A commitment to SAFETY and QUALITY practices
- Strong attention to detail and demonstrated hand-eye coordination
- Basic English communication skills (verbal and written)
- You are legally eligible to work in Canada
- Completion of some High School education
To Apply: If this sounds like the job for you, please submit your resume online at https://conestogameats.com
Tell them you saw the job posted on the Region of Waterloo, Employment Ontario , Job board
We thank all applicants for their interest, however only those invited to participate in our recruitment process will be contacted.
Conestoga Meats welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Recent jobs at Conestoga Meats