at Conestoga Meats in Breslau
Industrial Butcher - Breslau, ON, CAN
Come and be a part of our dynamic team and join us in building for the future together. We are expanding our business and have permanent full-time openings for Industrial Butcher on our day and afternoon shift. There are 40 vacancies and the start date would be as soon as possible.
These positions are required for Monday to Friday (starting times vary from 6:00 am - 7:30 am) and afternoon shift (starting times vary from 2:30pm - 4:00 pm)
- Competitive wages (ranges from $21.70 per hour to $24.00 per hour)
- Competitive Benefits (Medical, Dental, Life Insurance, Vision Care, Pension, Group Insurance)
- Afternoon Shift Premium of $1.25
- 40 hours per week
- Weekly pay by direct deposit
- Training will be provided
- Slaughter livestock
- Remove viscera and other inedible parts from carcasses
- Clean and trim carcasses
- Split carcasses into smaller portions to facilitate handling
- Use of knives and saw
- Remove excess fat, bruises or other blemishes from carcass or meat portions
- Working with animal blood and a variety of parts from a butchered animal
Work Conditions and Environment:
- Physically demanding
- Fast-paced environment
- Repetitive tasks
- Handling heavy loads
- Noisy and some areas may have odours
- Manual dexterity
- Standing for extended periods
- Slaughter house, meat processing and packing establishment
- Ability to work under pressure and meet tight deadlines
- Some High School education
- Commitment to safety and quality processes
- Should have 3 months plus previous experience in retail/wholesale or industrial butchery and/or other knife skills
- Attention to detail
- Works well with others
- Critical thinking skills
- Excellent hand-eye coordination and decision making skills
- Basic English communication skills
- Basic security clearance
Working Location: 313 Menno St, Breslau, Ontario, NOB 1M0.
No public transportation available, transportation assistance may be available.
Relocation Assistance: Relocation assistance available for skilled/qualified candidates.
Conestoga Meats welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Please upload/send your resume in confidence to https://conestogameats.com or fax to (519-648-3421)
Please let them know you saw the job advertised with the Region of Waterloo , Employment Ontario Program
We thank all applicants for their interest, however only those invited to participate in our recruitment process will be contacted.
Recent jobs at Conestoga Meats