at Conestoga Lodge in Kitchener
Description: We are recruiting a Motivated Individual to join our team and make a positive impact within our senior's community.
Conestoga Lodge is committed to hiring, promoting and valuing its employees. Our team members are hardworking and care about our residents and fellow co-workers. We have a supportive leadership team and positive working environment. We offer paid orientation and education.
Permanent Part time Maintenance Position Available starting early July
Benefits: RRSP matching, uniform allowance, float days
Hours: Position consist of 3 days/week (Mon/Wed/Fri) from 7:00am-2:45pm
- General repairs to building, equipment and furnishings.
- Troubleshoot and perform minor repairs on plumbing and electrical systems.
- Able to perform minor repairs on appliances, moving of furniture, equipment and supplies.
- Painting and repairing drywall, perform routine maintenance jobs and repairs, cleaning carpets.
- Knowledge of building mechanical, electrical and fire detection and safety systems.
- Maintain the preventative maintenance program.
- Maintain a high level of safety and security for residents, staff and visitors.
- Maintain the building in a state of good repair.
- Must have good communication skills with residents and their families, and will follow a co-operative and helpful attitude with them.
- Patience and understanding with the challenges of aging.
- Training/Certificate in repair trades such as electrical, plumbing, air conditioning is desirable.
- Willing to be "on-call" for minor emergency situations.
- Must have the ability to work independently as well as within a team environment.
- Must have a Vulnerable Sector Screen Check
- Must have a Drivers Abstract
- Proof of 2-step TB test