at Staples in Waterloo
Who we are
As the Working and Learning Company, we at Staples Canada, are dynamic, inspiring partners to our customers and the communities in which we live. At Staples, we inspire people to work smarter, learn more and grow every day. We look for people who are curious, approachable and passionate, and who enjoy finding solutions.
If that’s you, let’s work, learn and grow together.
We are building an inclusive and diverse team
Staples Canada is creating an inclusive and diverse work environment. We welcome, value and thrive on perspectives and contributions from backgrounds that vary by race, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, lifestyle, age, educational background, national origin, religion or physical ability. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.
Some of what you do
As the Receiver, you help keep our stores inspiring for customers every day in every way by accurately receiving all merchandise into the store. You coordinate all outgoing shipments, communicate merchandise arrivals to the store team, ensuring appropriate turnaround time of stock and organizing freight to the sales floor. You play an integral part in maintaining a well-stocked shopping environment so that our customers find everything they need to be successful in how they work, learn and grow.
Specifically, you will:
Coordinate product flow to the sales floor as well as assist fellow Associates with the placement of product when required.
Inspire customers to work smarter, learn more and grow every day, by connecting, sharing and partnering with them when working on the sales floor
Ensure the input and integrity of appropriate back-end paperwork; and investigate variances related to receiving documents ensure all shipments are received, sent and keyed on the same day. Ensure all outgoing products are properly documented and labeled according tocompany standards
Oversee the damaged products area and ensure shrink-wrapping of items as needed.
Support the Return to Vendor (RTV) process as required
Operational excellence and customer experience are important aspects of your role. You will operate cash registers, follow all loss prevention measures and ensure the cleanliness and store standards of your assigned departments.
Ensure that a clean and safe environment is always top-of-mind, keeping the safety of yourself, delivery drivers, fellow associates, and our customers as a key priority.
Some of what you need
- One year previously related experience is preferred.
- Working towards or successful completion of high school is preferred.
- Ability to engage drivers and customers in a friendly and professional manner.
- Ability to plan, organize and prioritize effectively and efficiently with a sense of urgency.
- Forklift training may be required.
- Solutions Finder
Some of what you will get
- Associate discount
- Health and Dental benefits
- Learning & Development programs
- And more...
- Conditions of the work environment are such that minor physical discomfort may occur, due to exposure to uncontrollable temperature and noise from delivery trucks, fumes from trucks, dirt and dust.
- Shipments arrive throughout a day and associates will be required to manage the flow of the backroom, this may require working for periods of1-2 hours without being able to take a break.
- A moderate amount of physical effort and operation of equipment / machinery is required to execute our merchandising standards and to maximize our customer experience. Movement of freight by use of ladders and stock pickers is required.
- This role typically works through the day, however at times you will need to be available, with notice, to work a varying schedule to meet the needs of the business. This includes working evenings and weekends.
Staples is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion and we encourage applications from all qualified candidates, including those with disabilities. We will accommodate applicants’ needs, upon request, throughout all stages of the recruitment process. Please inform us of the accommodation(s) that you may require. Information received relating to accommodation will be addressed confidentially.
How to Apply:
Click the Apply Now button or,
Submit your resume by email: EmploymentOntario@regionofwaterloo.ca Please add “Staples” to the subject line as we have multiple employers and job postings.