at Ontario Drive & Gear Ltd. in New Hamburg
ARGO is more than the name of a company and the machines we ride: It’s also the culmination of what’s possible when talented, inspired people are set free in a professional workplace with the goal to produce the ultimate extreme terrain vehicles.
From the company’s humble beginnings at its original location in Kitchener, Ontario, to its current three-facility campus in New Hamburg, Ontario, ARGO has always been a place where passion and ingenuity drive new innovations that deliver the next generation of machines.
Many people have made important contributions to the company and it’s machines, and each person can take pride in the impact they made over the past 50 years. ARGO would not be here today without the personnel who dedicated themselves to designing, testing, building and selling the world’s finest off-road vehicles. These are some of those people.
They – and we – are ARGO.
Job Type - Full-time, afternoon shift
Salary: $22.00-$24.00 per hour
Production Welder to weld metal components together required for the Argo vehicle.
Duties & Responsibilities:
The following is a list of the essential duties and responsibilities of this job. The tasks and the time spent performing each task may vary as business needs require. Ontario Drive & Gear Limited maintains the right to modify job duties and responsibilities at its discretion.
- Read and interpret blueprints or welding process specifications;
- Adjust welding equipment and tooling according to blueprint specifications;
- Maintain all weld fixturing to ensure specified quality standards;
- Operate manual or semiautomatic welding equipment to fuse metal using MIG
- Follow one piece flow criteria;
- Monitor and maintain two bin system – ensuring no part shortages occur
- Assist with the maintenance and repair of welding, brazing and soldering equipment;
- Use of hand or power tools such as grinders, hammers, drills;
- Maintain a neat and orderly work area;
- Other duties as assigned.
To perform this job satisfactorily, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty listed above satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge skills and abilities required. Employees who do not possess the requirements for a job at the time of hire are expected to attain the skills, knowledge and abilities required within a specified period of time as agreed upon, in writing, with the hiring manager. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- High School Diploma or experience equivalent
- CWB certification is an asset
- 2-4 years’ experience with MIG welding preferred
- Driving Results
- Attendance and Punctuality
Lifting up to 40 lbs regularly, pushing, pulling, reaching, standing for long periods of time, manual dexterity, visual activity, work cycle repeats.
Production floor environment. There is exposure to fumes, noxious odors, dusts, lighting extremes or any other adverse working conditions. Potential for extreme heat during summer months.
Argo takes the safety of our employees as our top priority. We follow all Public Health guidelines to ensure their safety.
How to Apply: Click on "Apply Now" button below or send your interest and resume via email to: email@example.com attention: Jen Fenton
*When applying via email, please add "Welders - ODG" to the subject line as we have multiple positions and employers posted.
Recent jobs at Ontario Drive & Gear Ltd.