Paint Line Operator
at Ontario Drive & Gear Ltd. in New Hamburg
ARGO is more than the name of a company and the machines we ride: It’s also the culmination of what’s possible when talented, inspired people are set free in a professional workplace with the goal to produce the ultimate extreme terrain vehicles.
From the company’s humble beginnings at its original location in Kitchener, Ontario, to its current three-facility campus in New Hamburg, Ontario, ARGO has always been a place where passion and ingenuity drive new innovations that deliver the next generation of machines.
Many people have made important contributions to the company and it’s machines, and each person can take pride in the impact they made over the past 50 years. ARGO would not be here today without the personnel who dedicated themselves to designing, testing, building and selling the world’s finest off-road vehicles. These are some of those people.
They – and we – are ARGO.
Job Type: Full-time, Permanent
The Paint Line Operator is responsible for operating the automated wash system for Argo vehicle parts.
Duties & Responsibilities:
The following is a list of the essential duties and responsibilities of this job. The tasks and the time spent performing each task may vary as business needs require. Argo maintains the right to modify job duties and responsibilities at its discretion.
· Operate automated wash system
· Load and unload parts using manual crane
· Complete one-piece flow quality check sheets
· Ensure workstation is properly clean and maintained
· Read, interpret and follow job orders
· Notify supervisor staff of part shortages (at least 1 day ahead of schedule)
· Notify supervisor staff of tool or equipment maintenance concerns
· Address production issues with supervisor staff
· Provide continuous improvement initiatives to supervisor staff
· Comply with the OHSA regulations as well as company Health and Safety Policies and Procedures
· Any other duties as assigned.
To perform this job satisfactorily, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty listed above satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge skills and abilities required. Employees who do not possess the requirements for a job at the time of hire are expected to attain the skills, knowledge and abilities required within a specified period of time as agreed upon, in writing, with the hiring manager. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Ontario Secondary School Graduation Diploma (or experience equivalent)
Work Experience Requirements:
- Previous powder coating experience in a manufacturing environment an asset
- Previous crane experience an asset
· Good attendance and punctuality
Other Job Requirements:
· Ability to communicate effectively with all levels of the organization.
· Effectively managing one’s time and resources to ensure that work is completed efficiently.
· Ability to work independently and draw from experience to troubleshoot with minimal supervision.
· Comfortable in a dynamic environment with shifting priorities, timelines and requirements.
· Work in compliance with the Occupational Health and Safety Act and regulations as well as Company health and safety policies and procedures; promotes a safety culture.
Physical activities of the job include:
· Lifting to 20 kg
· Long periods of standing
· Repetitive Motions
Production floor environment. There is exposure to fumes, noxious odors, dusts, lighting extremes or any other adverse working conditions. Potential for extreme heat during summer months.
Argo is committed to complying with Employment Equity, Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act and the Human Rights Code throughout the entire employment cycle. If you require accommodation at any stage in the recruitment process, please let us know.
How to Apply:
Click on the "Apply Now" button below or send your interest and resume via email to email@example.com attention Jen Fenton
*When applying via email, please add "Paint Line Operator - ODG" to the subject line as we have multiple positions and employers listed.
Recent jobs at Ontario Drive & Gear Ltd.