at Ontario Drive & Gear Ltd. in New Hamburg
ARGO is more than the name of a company and the machines we ride: It’s also the culmination of what’s possible when talented, inspired people are set free in a professional workplace with the goal to produce the ultimate extreme terrain vehicles.
From the company’s humble beginnings at its original location in Kitchener, Ontario, to its current three-facility campus in New Hamburg, Ontario, ARGO has always been a place where passion and ingenuity drive new innovations that deliver the next generation of machines.
Many people have made important contributions to the company and it’s machines, and each person can take pride in the impact they made over the past 50 years. ARGO would not be here today without the personnel who dedicated themselves to designing, testing, building and selling the world’s finest off-road vehicles. These are some of those people.
They – and we – are ARGO.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $19.00-$20.00 per hour
Argo Assemblers work as part of a team, at various assembly stations using hand or power tools, to complete assembly of All Terrain Vehicles (Conquest) to engineering specifications.
Duties & Responsibilities:
The following is a list of the essential duties and responsibilities of this job. The tasks and the time spent performing each task may vary as business needs require. Argo maintains the right to modify job duties and responsibilities at its discretion.
· Assemble components in proper sequence
· Ensure quality standard is met
· Keep work area clean and organized
· Record quality checks for each vehicle when complete
· Maintain a good attendance record
· Assist with other employees work as required
· Comply with the OHSA regulations as well as company Health and Safety Policies and Procedures
· Any other duties as assigned.
To perform this job satisfactorily, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty listed above satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge skills and abilities required. Employees who do not possess the requirements for a job at the time of hire are expected to attain the skills, knowledge and abilities required within a specified period of time as agreed upon, in writing, with the hiring manager. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Ontario Secondary School Graduation Diploma (or experience equivalent)
Other Education/Certification/Training preferred:
- Technical background in mechanic, machining an asset
Work Experience Requirements:
- Use of hand Tools
· Integrity and accountability
· Team player
· Good attendance and punctuality
Other Job Requirements:
· Outstanding communication, negotiations and presentation skills is a must have.
· Great with time management, extremely organized
· Work in compliance with the Occupational Health and Safety Act and regulations as well as Company health and safety policies and procedures; promotes a safety culture.
· Effectively managing one’s time and resources to ensure that work is completed efficiently.
Production floor environment. Physical activities of the job include:
· Standing for long periods of time
· Repetitive Motions
This position requires good physical condition due to bending, standing, pulling and pushing. There is low risk of exposure to fumes, noxious odors, dusts, lighting extremes or any other adverse working conditions. Potential for extreme heat during summer months
How to Apply:
Click on the "Apply Now" button below or send your resume via email to: firstname.lastname@example.org attention: Jen Fenton
*When applying, please add "Assembler - Ontario Drive & Gear Limited" as we have multiple jobs and employers posted.
Recent jobs at Ontario Drive & Gear Ltd.