at Kiwi Newton in Guelph
Our purpose at Newton Group is to excel in delivering; economical, high quality, low carbon, low energy and low maintenance building systems and structures in the ICI building industry. We strive to make and improve better products and develop our people to work together with various skills. We believe that a truly inspiring and diverse place to work is a must. We want you to join our team of passionate self-starters who believe the world is full of untapped opportunities.
Full time /Permanent
Wage: $25.00 - $32.00
Hours: 44 hours per week + overtime
Overtime: Paid at time and one half after 88 hours biweekly
Benefits: Safety Eye Protection, Hearing Protection, Tooling Allowance, Life Insurance, Accidental Death and Dismemberment Insurance, Long Term Disability, and Health Care Spending Account. **Waiting periods and restrictions apply.
Wages will be reviewed annually in accordance with the company’s policy.
- Certificate of Qualification or certificate in a related field or equivalent working experience (carpentry preferred)
- Three (3) years of experience (ICI construction preferred)
- Ability to read drawings (specifically concrete/precast erection drawings)
- Ability to cut, bend and fix rebar and molds
- Ability to build concrete forms for various construction projects
- Able to read part lists and identify parts to use in assembly
- Able to use various power and hand tools
- Ability to firmly adhere to all health and safety codes and regulations
- Able to perform tasks independently under general direction
- Able to work at heights
- Able to work overtime and occasional Saturday
- Able to provide their own transportation
- proficient in English language
- Work with materials such as wood, concrete, and steel
- Build concrete forms for various construction project
- Work at heights
- Estimate height, width, length, and other proportions
- Select appropriate materials for the required job
- Work with blueprints or instructions from supervisors
- Utilize chisels, planes, saws, drills, and sanders to repair and erect structures
- Join materials with nails, screws, staples, or adhesives
- Check work along the way to ensure it's up to code and specifications
- Use levels, rules, plumb bobs, framing squares, and surveying equipment to ensure everything is level and secure
Candidates may apply online at www.kiwinewton.com/careers
Or fax resume stating Job title, to : 519-822-6159
Newton Group encourages people to enjoy work and working with others, to be creative and effective in teams, to be reliable for other team members and to develop efficient work habits to serve customers well and deliver best value excellent buildings and structures.
Newton Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer and welcomes all applicants who consider themselves qualified.
Please note that only candidates being invited to interview will be contacted, no agencies and no telephone calls please.
Please let them know you saw it advertised on the Region of Waterloo, Employment Ontario Job board