Personal Support Worker
at CarePartners in Kitchener-Waterloo
CAREPARTNERS IS IN YOUR COMMUNITY
Are you ready to make your contribution to health care? Do you want to make an impact in the lives of patients needing compassionate, thoughtful and professional care?
We are looking for energetic and dedicated Personal Support Workers for our NEW in-home virtual hospice and e-Homecare program, to help patients in our community by providing palliative and complex bedside care. You will provide care to patients in their home, working collaboratively with specially trained Registered Nurses who will assist you through supportive and secure technology.
- $17.00 to $19.00 per hour PLUS $3.00 hourly temporary wage enhancement
Incentives and Perks
- An additional premium of 50 cents for all hours providing direct patient care within the eHomeCare program
- An extra $3.00 temporary government wage enhancement, on top of existing hourly wages.
- A $750 payment for a CSW with a PSW certificate, with payments of $250* after 3 months of work and $500* after 12 months of work; or
- A $500 payment for a CSW without a PSW certificate, with payments of $250* after 3 months of work and $250* after 12 months of work.
- Opportunity for guaranteed hours and pay, regardless of patient load
- Paid orientation and hands-on mentoring
- Access to group discount programs, including exclusive discounts from various retailers
- CarePartners will provide education specific to eHomeCare, as well as a comprehensive, fully paid orientation.
- YOU WILL MAKE AN IMPACT BY:
- Delivering care and support to patients and their families in their home
- Providing quality, integrated care through direct communication between a nurse via laptop/tablet and the eHomeCare Support Worker via smartphone throughout their shift
Safety and Personal Wellness
- During the pandemic, full personal protective equipment in identified “hot zones” and ongoing support and safety protocols designed to protect you and your patients
- Total rewards program which includes benefit package
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP) for you and your family members
- A COVID-19 hotline, to answer your questions and concerns
Personal and Professional Support
- Flexible hours and diverse assignments to suit your busy life
- Thoughtful scheduling by location, respecting your time
- Opportunities for continuing education and training
- Leadership support 24/7
- Personal Support Worker Certificate
- Experience as a PSW is an asset
- Education in palliative care an asset
- Passion for providing holistic, sensitive, individualized care to patients at end of life
- Comfort in using technology such as a smartphone
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Comfort with providing care to patients in their own homes - previous experience an asset
- Ability to work collaboratively with nurses, as part of a team, is crucial
- Ability to work independently, yet take direction, is essential
- Must have a valid drivers' license.
CarePartners welcomes and encourages applicants from people with disabilities. Candidates can request accommodations at any time in the hiring process.
How to Apply:
Click Apply Now
Submit your resume to the Region of Waterloo and a Job Developer will screen and forward your resume if applicable:
Please add PSW/CarePartners to the subject line as we have many different job postings.
Recent jobs at CarePartners