Finance Co-op Student
at Knowtions Research in Toronto Please note this is currently a remote role due to Covid restrictions
About Knowtions Research Inc
Health insurance is critical to guaranteeing people's ability to pay for care and be financially protected when sudden, unexpected illness strikes.
We're tackling some of the industry's toughest problems by employing AI-powered predictive analytics on the messiest data. Together, we can make health insurance more effective, reliable and affordable.
This is how we will achieve cost effective care that works for everyone.
Backed by both Canadian and Silicon Valley based venture capital, the Canadian government, and a team of high-profile entrepreneurs, we are proud to be based in Toronto, Canada at the center and birthplace of deep learning
Knowtions is looking for a Finance Summer Student to make a positive impact on the financial operations of the organization. This role will be exposed to various financial activities within the organization and the student will have an opportunity to contribute to the business goals.
Please note this is currently a remote role due to Covid restrictions.
- Assist in the organization's full cycle accounting (month-end and quarter-end closing entries, bank reconciliations, account reconciliations, cash distributions, payments, variance analysis)
- Assist in finance process documentation and flow charts
- Maintenance of online accounting system
- Assist in financial statement preparation, forecasting and budgeting process
- Develop reporting and analysis to provide insight into business trends
- Perform financial and operational audits and test controls, and identify efficiencies
- Ad-hoc financial projects and administration
- Currently pursuing an undergraduate degree in Business, preferably in an Accounting stream
- Previous office related experience or experience in Finance or Accounting is an asset
- Highly proficient in Microsoft Office Suite; Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Very strong communication skills – high level of interpersonal skills, verbal and written communication
- Adaptable to change – you thrive in organizations that constantly evolve and adapt
- A team player – you embrace collaborative sharing of knowledge within a teamwork environment
- High performing – driven to achieve results and continuously striving to deliver the highest performance through creative thinking
To apply for this opportunity, please submit your cover letter, resume and an unofficial copy of your academic transcript.
Why join Knowtions?
- We are growing! We are a start-up organization where you will be able to make impactful changes
- We are a team orientated organization
- We are located in the heart of downtown Toronto (once it is safe to return to the office)
EmploymentOntarioJobDevelopment@regionofwaterloo.ca Please add “Finance Co-op” to the subject line as we have multiple employers and jobs posted.
Recent jobs at Knowtions Research
Human Resources Co-Op Student at Knowtions Research in Toronto Please note this is currently a remote role due to Covid restrictions 23-04-2021