Processing Technician - Cannabis
at Trichome JWC Acquisition Corp. in Kitchener
Full-time - Days
$18 an hour - Full-time, Permanent
Benefits: Dental care, Extended health care, Vision care
Schedule: 8 hour shift, Monday to Friday, Overtime available
JWC is looking for Processing Technicians. Reporting to the Processing Team Lead, the Processing Technician is responsible for assisting in the preparation and execution of extraction and post processing of botanical natural products, and formulation of oils, tinctures (extracts) and resins. Following Standard Operating Procedure (SOP) documents to accurately execute processes and procedures within a high-tempo environment. This role requires an individual with exceptional attention to detail and demonstrated computer literacy.
It is expected that all staff at JWC take an active role in Health and Safety and uphold all company policies and guidelines at all times to ensure the safety of themselves and others.
Responsibilities and duties include, but are not limited to:
- Read and follow detailed and precise SOPs related to manufacturing processes, as well as pre and post processing activities
- Maintain strict inventory control over starting materials, intermediates, and finished product
- Maintain batch production records in accordance with standard operating procedures
- Responsible for assisting in the preparation and execution of extraction and post processing of botanical natural products, and formulation of oils, tinctures (extracts) and resins
- Ensure consistency of product through adherence to procedures and quality control testing
- Operate all equipment in safe an efficient manner
- Must follow all applicable policies, procedures, and guidelines, including the safe and proper operation of any/all applicable machinery, instrumentation, and equipment
- Ensure that proper sanitation is maintained and recorded for all production equipment and tools including workspaces, processing equipment, containers, and appliances
- Work towards meeting department goals around efficiencies, yields and cost
- Follow company policies and SOPs regarding work area compliance, safety, and functionality
- Record data in all necessary software platforms
Preferred Skills / Qualifications:
- Production in cannabis Industry: 1 year (Preferred)
- Good communication skills, verbal and written
- Be comfortable with documentation of all work tasks and processes
- Ability to follow production schedule accurately and communicate issues that would necessitate any schedule change(s) or possible down-time
- Use of digital scale(s) to record weights and take accurate weight measurements, good math skills
- Practice good housekeeping habits throughout the facility with focus and personal contributions towards a cleaned and organized assigned work area
- High school diploma
- Ability to communicate effectively and work well with others
- Must have ability to work independently and within a team environment
- Close attention to detail
- Must have the ability to multi-task, coupled with a sound mechanical aptitude
- Excellent time management, leadership, decision making, and interpersonal skills
- Must understand how different qualities of plant material, preparation and packing procedures affect quality and yield of extractions
- Must understand and be able to implement or use a lot number tracking system
- Ability to research, evaluate and adapt to new methods and techniques for operational improvements
- Ability to present ideas effectively and communicate well with all levels of the company from entry level up to management
- Ability to pass a criminal background check
*Preference will be given to those with experience in the cannabis industry.
This role requires a company-provided uniform and additional Personal Protective Equipment to be worn at all times.
- Light/moderate physical effort
- Repetitive, face-paced work
- Limited natural light
- Dusty, at times
- Varying temperatures
- Overtime as required
JWC/TJAC is an equal opportunity employer, committed to diversity and inclusion. We welcome and encourage applications from all qualified individuals and will accommodate the needs of qualified applicants under the Human Rights Code in all parts of the recruitment and hiring process.
Please contact Human Resources to make your needs known in advance, with the nature of any accommodations that you may require in respect to any materials or processes used to ensure your full and equal participation through out the recruitment and hiring process.
How to Apply:
Click on “Apply Now” button or submit your resume by email to:
Attention: Job Developer, Jen F
Please add “JWC” in the subject line as we have multiple employers and jobs posted.
We thank all interested applicants however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Recent jobs at Trichome JWC Acquisition Corp.