Community Health Care Worker - Paid Training + Guaranteed Job
at Bayshore in Kitchener
Train with us to become a Community Health Worker!
Bayshore will provide paid training followed by a guaranteed paid position in Waterloo Region upon successful completion of training/field placement. Graduating students will obtain a Community Health Care Certificate.
Location: Kitchener (in person classes – COVID Safety Protocols in place
Duration: 6 weeks (3 weeks in class, 3 weeks in a clinical placement)
Cost / Program fee: Free - You even get paid to be trained!
Rate of Pay: $15 per hour while in training / $17.17 per hour once you are out in the community providing direct care + travel money (once graduated and employed with own caseloads)
Qualifications / Eligibility
- Looking for candidates who are caring, kind, compassionate, dedicated, reliable, accountable and have a passion/interest to work in Healthcare Sector
- Ability to communicate verbally and in writing, in either English or French
- Valid Drivers license and own vehicle (cannot rely on public transportation)
- Ability to work full-time split shifts 7am-1pm and 4pm-10pm Monday to Friday plus every other weekend on rotation.
- Clear vulnerable sector check
- Negative TB test
- Legally entitled to work in Canada
Here are the upcoming cohort dates. Each group is 6 weeks in duration.
Example of what the job would entail once you are graduated.
Community Health Worker Job Posting
Kitchener / Waterloo / Cambridge
Duties & Responsibilities
- Provide homemaking support according to the established care plan and ensuring that on an ongoing basis, the comfort and safety of clients are met to the greatest possible extent; care must be within the scope of practice of an In Home Caregiver (IHC).
- Provide personal care as indicated on client care plan and approved by Supervisor.
- Complete light house cleaning, wash dishes or laundry, make beds, sweep and mop the floor, dust and vacuum, remove garbage and complete other duties as approved.
- Prepare meals as described in the care plan.
- Observe client conditions and report unusual events or changes in condition.
- Understand and implement infection prevention practices.
- Maintain client records and documentation as required.
- Competence in Samsung or Android device use and functionality, enter accurate data.
- Maintain confidentiality of the electronic information, securing Samsung or Android device and use of password.
- Participate in ongoing internal and/or external continuing education activities.
- Adhere to Bayshore Policies and Procedures.
- Participate in quality activities and continuous improvement initiatives in keeping the company's
Quality Management System
- Participate in proactive Health & Safety activities while performing all duties. Is responsible to notify immediate Supervisor of any Health & Safety risks or concerns.
- Maintain confidentiality of client and corporate information and discuss only with appropriate Bayshore personnel.
- Complete other tasks as requested.
How to Apply for this amazing opportunity:
Click on “Apply Now” button below or send your keen interest and resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please add “Bayshore Training” to the subject line as we have multiple employers / positions posted.
Thank you and good luck!
JD: Jen F / FAC: Shannon G
Recent jobs at Bayshore