at Newton Group Ltd. in Guelph
Where innovation, technology and integrity come together.
Our purpose at Newton Group Ltd. is to be the best of the best in the Manufacturing Design Build ICI construction industry. We believe in our products and our people, we believe that a truly inspiring and diverse place to work is a must. We want you to join our team of passionate self-starters who believe the world is full of untapped opportunities. We continue to expand and have an exciting opportunity for a Manufacturing Purchaser working closely with our production teams primarily focusing on our structural steel.
- Plan and manage current and future MRP requirements based on production needs
- Prepare and issue purchase orders to suppliers on a daily basis for timely receipt of goods to meet customer/project requirements
- Work closely with Production Planner and provide necessary support to production floor
- Review, evaluate, and monitor department purchase requisitions for proper authorizations, specifications
- Review competitive pricing, negotiate purchase contracts with suppliers ensuring the most cost competitive price, quality, and delivery
- Negotiate optimum pricing solutions and order policies, terms and conditions with suppliers
- Evaluate suppliers based on price and delivery performance
- Prepare supplier and purchasing status reports, administration tasks, such as filing, etc
- Source and qualify suppliers (local and international) for materials/components, risk mitigation
- Manage purchases, cancellations and re-schedule delivery dates
- Maintain supplier and sub-supplier relationships and strategic alliances to ensure continuous flow of materials throughout the supply chain
- Use demands forecasting and negotiating skills to maintain supply of critical inventory items and implements supplier stocking programs where suitable and applicable
- Prepare and analyze reports as needed
- Expedite open purchase orders for past due items and ensuring On-Time Delivery (OTD) for all purchases utilizing the Open Purchase Order report
- Assist in coordination of logistics with our shipping and receiving department
Skills, Knowledge, Qualifications & Experience:
- Degree in Business or College Certificate -Diploma in Supply Chain (APICS/SCMA) or related work experience
- A minimum of five (5) years working with engineered shop drawings in a Structural steel manufacturing environment
- Strong computer skills (MS Office, MRP etc)
- A self-starter with the ability to set and handle multiple priorities
- Consistently works on complex assignments requiring independent action and a high degree of initiative to resolve issues
- Excellent communications skills both written and oral
- Possess excellent organizational and analytical skills
Newton Group Ltd. consistently ranked among the best companies to work for, and we aspire to be the most respected builder, renowned for excellence, leadership, and unsurpassed value.
Newton Group Ltd. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and welcomes and encourages all applicants.
Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
How to Apply
Qualified, interested candidates should email their resume to firstname.lastname@example.org or fax to: 519-822-6159.
*Please add MANUFACTURING PURCHASER to the subject line.
We thank all applicants in advance, however only qualified candidates will be contacted for an interview (no telephone calls please.)
JD: Jen F
Recent jobs at Newton Group Ltd.