Location: Retirement Living
Our goal is to provide a pleasurable dining experience for all our residents and their guests through restaurant style service, menu plans, and open seating concept with a wide range of service times daily.
Reporting to the Food Service Manager, you will provide exemplary customer service while assisting in the preparation and delivery of meals and food services , kitchen cleaning, dishwashing, as well as organization and cleaning of refrigerators, freezers and storage areas.
This is a permanent part-time position 44-60 hours bi-weekly. Must be able to work the morning shift starting at 6:30am.
Accommodations are available for applicants with disabilities throughout the recruitment process. If you require accommodations for interviews or other meetings, please contact Human Resources at 519-434-1000.
• Assist with preparations for meal service including cooking and catering functions.
• Serve food according to required temperature and procedures as directed.
• Ensure that the food is attractively presented.
• Ensure that clients on special diets receive food according to such diets as directed.
• Clean food service areas and equipment.
• Load, operate and empty dishwashers, and put dishes away.
• Assist with the preparation of snacks/refreshments.
• Knowledge and understanding of proper food handling and storage procedures.
• Previous related experience preferred.
• Ability to understand and carry out orders so as to serve the food correctly and attractively according to specified portion control.
• Strong team player, with excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
• Sincere desire to work with an active senior's population.
• Available to work a variety of day and evening shifts, including weekends
How to Apply:
Job Developer: Pat B.
Region of Waterloo, Employment Ontario Programs
Submit your Resume by:
Please add “Food Service/Sifton ” to the subject line as we have multiple employers and jobs posted
*No paper resumes are being accepted . Please be aware that contact may be delayed due to staffing shortages as a result of the Covid-19 Crisis. No in-person interviews are currently being held but phone calls and email contact may still happen. Thank you for your patience during this difficult and challenging time.
We thank all interested applicants; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted