at Grand River Foods Cambridge in Cambridge
Line Worker Position
Line workers are responsible for examining, sorting and packing products to quality standards; lifting and moving products from line to line; clean-up tasks and other elemental activities related to food processing. Training provided.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Manually pack product into bags, cartons or other containers
- Remove finished goods cartons from conveyor and place on pallets
- Spread products before the oven for evenness & look for foreign material
- Inspect and sort products and packages that do not meet specified standards
- Lifting, dumping and stacking 10-40 lbs. boxes of product
- Pushing 200-500 lbs. bins from blending area to production line (bins are on wheels)
- Regularly inspect work environment for good housekeeping
- Communicate effectively with Team Leaders and other employees
- Repetitive tasks and standing in one spot for extended periods of time
- Must wear all Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) supplied
- Must be legally eligible to work in Canada and be minimum 18 years of age
- Able to communicate effectively with teammates and leadership
- Ability to work with minimal supervision and in a team environment
- Good attendance record required
- Positive attitude and safety focused
- Comfortable working in the cold (4°C) and exposure to extreme temperatures (-10° to 30°C)
- Willingness to develop new skills
- Previous food industry experience including GMPs and basic food handling are assets
- Attention to detail and ability to find defects in product streams
- Able to handle extended periods of static tasks with alertness, but also ability to multitask
AM shift start times between 6-7am, end times 2-3pm
PM shift start times between 2-3pm, end times 10-11pm
Starting wage for both shifts is $16.60/hr.
$1.00/hr increase after probation is successfully completed.
$1.00/hr shift premium for PM shift.
How to Apply:
Job Developer: Pat B.
Region of Waterloo, Employment Ontario Programs
Submit your Resume by:
*No paper resumes are being accepted . Please be aware that contact may be delayed due to staffing shortages as a result of the Covid-19 Crisis. No in-person interviews are currently being held but phone calls and email contact may still happen. Thank you for your patience during this difficult and challenging time.
Please add “Line Worker ” to the subject line as we have multiple employers and jobs posted.
We thank all interested applicants; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted