Financial Services Administrative Assistant
at Wagner, Livock and Assoc. in Kitchener
Rate of Pay: $35,000-45,000/year, depending on experience
Hours of Operation: 8:30-4:30, Monday to Friday
We are looking for an experienced candidate who can complement our team and provide support to our individual and group benefit advisors and clients.
The role of the Financial Services Administrative Assistant provides client and advisor support to ensure the office runs smoothly on a day-to-day basis. The successful incumbent must work closely and effectively in a team setting with all staff of Wagner Livock & Associates. Key tasks include:
- Providing exceptional customer service to existing and prospective clients
- Preparing detailed and high-quality sales proposals and illustrations for client meetings
- Managing, maintaining and enhancing established regulatory compliance processes and procedures
- Handling client requests professionally and proactively referring them to advisors for additional services or financial planning
- Managing client relationships using Salesforce and Sun Life proprietary software
- Supporting advisors’ time management, including scheduling appointments, crafting client communications, client file prep, tracking tasks, and preparing meeting summaries
- Processing transactions and ensuring the sales process is closed in a timely fashion
Organizing prospecting campaigns within our various databases.
- Post-secondary degree or diploma, or the equivalent working experience in the financial services industry
- Must possess EITHER Life, Accident and Sickness Licence OR Ontario Mutual Funds License
- 2 years industry experience
- experience from either a banking institution or insurance business is an asset
- Honest, with a professional demeanor and high ethical standards of conduct
- Ability to work independently and as a member of highly functioning team
- Proficient computer skills in MS Outlook and MS Office suite
- Proactive thinker and problem solver
- Service-oriented attitude
- Excellent attention to detail
- Ability and willingness to learn and develop new skills
- Customer Service or Group Benefits experience is an asset
- Bilingualism in French and English is an asset
- Life, Accident, and Sickness License (LLQP) and the Ontario Mutual Funds License are a requirement of employment but are not required at the time of interview.
- Both licenses must be obtained within 6 months of employment.
***No paper resumes are being accepted as our Welcome Centres are currently closed to the public. Please be aware that contact may be delayed due to staffing shortages as a result of the COVID-19 Pandemic. No in-person interviews are currently being held but phone calls and email contact may still happen. Thank you for your patience during this difficult and challenging time.