Shipper/Receiver Position at Quikrete
at Quikrete in Cambridge
The QUIKRETE® Companies, the leading producer of packaged cement and concrete products, is seeking a Shipper/Receiver with 3 - 5 years of experience for our Cambridge, Ontario facility located at 1501 Whistle Bare Road, Cambridge, Ontario
We offer a competitive pay and benefits package that includes health insurance, paid vacation days, overtime pay after 40 hours, shift premiums, paid holidays and an RRSP match.
Compensation is commensurate on skills and experience.
Position requirements include:
- Reliable personal transportation as the site is not located on a bus route.
- Counter-Balance Forklift Certification and experience.
- Ability to load / off-load flatbeds, vans and short trucks with a counterbalance forklift.
- Ability to properly handle palletized product with counterbalance forklift.
- Ability to lift up to 40kg (88 lbs) to restack product and to pick products for Customer orders.
- Customer Service experience with the ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Organized and able to provide attention to detail.
- Excellent communication skills
- Willingness to work flexible hours in order to service our Customers. Some shifts will be require flexible start times.
- Willingness to work both planned and unplanned overtime and be willing to work until all Shipping/Receiving activities are completed each day.
- Ability to proactively communicate and help resolve issues with other departments and with contract carriers.
- Extended health care
- Vision care
- Dental care
- Life insurance
- Disability insurance
- Vacation & paid time off
- Employee assistance programs
- Company pension
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
JD: Phil B.
Recent jobs at Quikrete