Early Life Educator (RECE)
at Wilmot Family Resource Centre in New Hamburg
Wilmot Family Resource Centre (WFRC) is a charitable, multi- service organization with locations in Baden, Wellesley and New Hamburg, focusing on strong and healthy communities where all individuals are accepted and where there are opportunities to participate and grow.
Wilmot Family Resource Centre is currently hiring a full-time contract Early Life Educator for 35 hours per week.
Qualifications: To be eligible to apply, candidate must be a registered member of the Ontario College of Early Childhood Educators as a RECE (Registered Early Childhood Educator).
Strong candidates for this position will have:
· 2 years’ experience working in programs with children from birth to age six and their families / caregivers, preferably in a community setting
· Experience working within a diverse and inclusive environment
· Demonstrated interest, knowledge, and or experience with current curriculum, play-based learning and early learning pedagogy, specifically the Ministry of Education’s How Does Learning Happen? document
· Proficient in the use of computers and various software applications (Microsoft Office Suite, Canva, Zoom)
· Social media knowledge and skills in Facebook (Twitter and Instagram an asset)
· Experience and proficiency with parent engagement
· Excellent oral and written communication skills
· Be able to problem solve, manage time well and prioritize responsibilities
· Be able to work effectively independently and in a collaborative team environment
· Standard First Aid with CPR Level C required
· Clean Vulnerable Sector Police Records Check
· Access to vehicle required
· Implementing and engaging caregivers and children in in-person and virtual online play based activities and programs that promote early learning and child development
· Encourage a welcoming, inclusive and safe environment for children and their families
· Establish and maintain collaborative, supportive relationships with children, their families, colleagues, and community stakeholders
· Assist families with accessing information and community resources related to child development and early childhood learning
· Set-up of program areas that are inviting to play and create a safe and welcoming environment
· Travel to locations across Wilmot & Wellesley Townships to provide EarlyON mobile site programs and services
Applicants will only be considered if they include a resume (point form) that clearly demonstrates how their previous skills and experience correspond to each of the above requirements.
How To Apply:
Applications are due Monday, July 27, 2020 to Trisha Robinson, Executive Director, Wilmot Family Resource Centre Inc., 175 Waterloo Street, Unit 1, New Hamburg, ON N3A 1S3 or by email to firstname.lastname@example.org
*** When applying, please state you heard about this opportunity from the Region of Waterloo***
JD: Jen F