Looking for Work
Employment Ontario - your job is out there. We'll help you find it.
The Region of Waterloo's Employment Ontario services offers help to get the training, skills and experience you need to achieve your goals.
We are a one-stop shop for many services designed to help you make a personalized plan to gain education, training and employment.
Services are available to the general public.
Information at Employment Resource Centres
- Community self-help centres with free services to help with your education, training and employment search.
- Current information on career planning, job search, labour market, education and training and Employment Ontario products including Apprenticeship and Second Career
- Regularly scheduled employment workshops including Resumes, Interview Preparation, Employment Ontario Information Sessions, Social Media, Hidden Job Market and daily Employment Coaching.
- Computers, printers and faxes, TTY, telephones and voice mail boxes for your job search.
- Job postings and classified ads.
Open in three locations:
235 King St. E.
Monday to Friday
All locations are accessible by public transit (bus) and are close to free two-hour parking.
Everyone is welcome.
150 Main St.
99 Regina St. S.
- Counselling appointments with an Employment Facilitator to help you develop an individualized plan to meet your education, training and employment goals.
- Ongoing employment counselling and coaching.
- Referrals and application assistance for other Employment Ontario programs and services including Second Career, Apprenticeship and community programs.
Available in Kitchener, Waterloo and Cambridge.
Employability assessments are ideal for someone who is...
- job ready but struggling to find work;
- needs more supports to develop an employment plan;
- unsure of their career direction;
- could benefit from individualized coaching and;
- might require supports for job placements to gain experience.
Please call 519-883-2101 ext. 5655 for more information and to set up an appointment or visit an Employment Resource Centre near you.
Workshops for Job Search
- Four regularly scheduled job search modules
- Offered in Kitchener and Cambridge
- Helps participants to develop current job search skills and tools, gain labour market and hidden job market information, develop networking and interview skills, learn ways to promote ourselves on various Social Media sites
- Is ideal for someone who is able to work, has good literacy skills and needs help marketing themselves in today's economy
- To register: If you are receiving Ontario Works benefits, ask your Case Manager to refer you. If you are a community member call 519 883 2101 ext, 5456 or 5655 to register.
Job Development and Placement Services
- Once you have determined your job goal and planned your job search strategy we can help you find a job matching your skills and experience.
- Markets job seekers to employers, provides access to the hidden job market.
- Possible access to wage subsidies and incentives program to assist with gaining on-the-job experience and training.
- Referred through Employability Assessment and is ideal for someone who is job ready but needs more supports to meet their employment goals.
- Finding a job can be difficult and keeping it can be harder; let us help you to stay employed by offering on-the-job coaching, mentoring and supports to help you successfully make the transition to work.
- Focused on job retention skills to promote effective workplace habits, attitudes and decision making.
- Referred through Employability Assessment and is ideal for someone who is newly employed and wanting individual coaching to ensure they successfully maintain their job.